Friday, April 29, 2011

Introduction to The Crafts as Fine Art

The question I want to explore is: Why can't craft be defined as art as well as artwork is defined as art? The topics that will help me in part of my essay are each topics in the chapter which are the different mediums used in craft. I am choosing these topics because I will be able to explore the different mediums of crafts and understand why craft is not defined as art in a sense that artwork is art. From reading in my book about this subject the most interesting part of why I chose this was because being able go n depth of the different mediums used in crafts and understanding why that craft is not defined as art. I actually do crafts myself and I consider my crafts as art so being able to know why its not art will help me. The additional refrence I will use will be a an encyclopedia on craft or either a craft book in which I posses. The kinds of artwork that will be relevant to my essay are maybe pictures of different crafts itself. They will be relevant to me because I will be able to maybe explain of why craft should be defined as art.The medium I am going to choose to use to show my craft will be metal. I have worked with different types of material but metal really interest me a lot more because of different it was for me to work with metal.

No comments:

Post a Comment